Let's make #LadderSafetyMonth go viral! Our marketing guide is designed to make amplifying National Ladder Safety Month's message easy and empowering. Heck, you can even shout it from the top of a ladder as long as you're following basic ladder safety. The pieces of this guide can be used in conjunction with one another or on their own. It's your world; we're just keeping you safe on ladders.
As a reminder, here is what we will focus on during National Ladder Safety Month:
- February 24 - March 2: What is Ladder Safety?
- March 3 - 9: Ladder Safety Training and Year-Round Partners
- March 10 - 16: Ladder Safety at Work
- March 17 - 23: Ladder Safety at Home
- March 24 - 30: Ladder Inspection and Disposal
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your efforts and a company logo (or take a selfie if you're educating friends and family), and we’ll make sure to share it through our social media outlets.
I. PARTICIPATION KIT
Need some help convincing your company to support National Ladder Safety Month? Download our participation kit! It offers a high-level overview of the advocacy month, a letter you can send to your supervisor and suggestions on how to participate.
II. INTRANET / WEBSITE / BLOG COPY
A. EVENT GRAPHICS:
To spark interest in National Ladder Safety Month, post this web banner to a high-profile page on your company website, blogs, social media profile pages and/or email communications, and encourage your colleagues to do the same. This web banner can be used alone or with the event listing and descriptions below that have also been provided for your use.
Please link the banner to the National Ladder Safety Month website: www.laddersafetymonth.com.
You might also choose to incorporate graphics throughout your communications. We have provided a variety of options, including the National Ladder Safety Month official logo, email banner and social media images, to help build excitement around this important month.
B. EVENT LISTINGS:
This event listing can be placed on your company website’s homepage, calendar/upcoming events pages or blogs. Consider adding the event description where appropriate to make your customers and prospects aware of your participation in the event.
National Ladder Safety Month
February 24 – March 30, 2019
National Ladder Safety Month is the only movement dedicated exclusively to the promotion of ladder safety, at home and at work. During March 2019, National Ladder Safety Month will bring heightened awareness to the importance of the safe use of ladders through resources, training and a national dialogue. Learn how you can participate today.
III. EMAIL SIGNATURE
Add the sample language below to the bottom of your email signature, along with the event link, to increase awareness of your participation in the event with customers and prospects. You may also choose to include the banner ad below the text for increased attention.
Title | Company
Address 1, Address 2 | City, State Zip
P: +1.XXX.XXX.XXXX | E: email@example.com
Join [COMPANY NAME] in spreading awareness about the importance of the safe use of ladders during National Ladder Safety Month, March 2019. Learn more about how you can be a part of this national dialogue at www.laddersafetymonth.com.
Once you've downloaded and saved the event graphics, insert an image in the email signature editor. After you insert the image, please hyperlink it to www.laddersafetymonth.com. Make sure to type all of your personal information along with the text shown above before inserting the web banner.
IV. PROMOTIONAL PASS-ALONG EMAIL
Here is a sample email that you can personalize and send to employees or customers to share your involvement with National Ladder Safety Month and your commitment to ladder safety.
[Subject] [COMPANY NAME] Is Joining the National Movement to Promote Ladder Safety
I am happy to announce that [COMPANY NAME] will be supporting the third annual National Ladder Safety Month, taking place this March 2019. This important national initiative will heighten awareness and promote the safe use of ladders.
Every year, more than 300 people die in ladder-related accidents, and thousands suffer disabling injuries. Without better training and continuous innovation in safety planning and product design, we will continue to see far too many fatalities. National Ladder Safety Month will heighten awareness, reinforce safety training and educate homeowners and working professionals.
[COMPANY NAME] is excited to be taking part in this initiative by [DETAILS ABOUT HOW YOU ARE PARTICIPATING].
Please join us this March in spreading awareness about the importance of ladder safety at home and at work. Visit www.laddersafetymonth.com to learn more.
[YOUR NAME AND COMPANY SIGNATURE BLOCK]
V. SOCIAL MEDIA
As a valued partner of National Ladder Safety Month, please engage with the National Ladder Safety Month community on social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These are great avenues for you to share the efforts your company is taking to promote ladder safety as part of your ongoing safety initiatives or specifically in support of the National Ladder Safety Month. As a best practice, we encourage you not only to post at least on a weekly basis—so that you stay top of mind as this important national awareness month approaches—but also to include images with your posts.
You can also create your own messages before and during the event.
- Hashtag: When posting on Twitter and Facebook, be sure to include the hashtag #LadderSafetyMonth in your post.
- Shortened Link: Use the shortened URL https://goo.gl/frey3p for posting the National Ladder Safety Month’s website link to any of your social media accounts.
- Image files: Download all image files.
A. SAMPLE POSTS
Repost the following sample posts to your own social media accounts to let everyone know you are participating in National Ladder Safety Month. The URLs have already been shortened, so these posts are ready to cut and paste.
- Keep safety front of mind. Join us in celebrating #LadderSafetyMonth this March https://goo.gl/frey3p
- As you get ready for spring cleaning, don’t let incorrect ladder use ruin your plans. Brush up on the basics with #LadderSafetyMonth https://goo.gl/frey3
- [COMPANY NAME] is a proud supporter of #LadderSafetyMonth. Join us in spreading ladder safety awareness this March https://goo.gl/frey3
- Every year, more than 300 people die from a ladder-related injury that could be prevented with correct ladder use. Join [COMPANY NAME] in spreading ladder safety awareness #LadderSafetyMonth https://goo.gl/frey3p
- 68.3% of companies surveyed believe that ladder safety training is "extremely important"! Find out how you can participate in #LadderSafetyMonth this March to keep friends and colleagues safe and sound. https://goo.gl/frey3p
- [COMPANY NAME] is a proud supporter of #LadderSafetyMonth. This March, individuals and companies across the country will come together to promote ladder safety and decrease the number of ladder related incidents that happen every year. Join us in putting safety first. Learn more: https://goo.gl/frey3p
- Did you know that 3 out of 4 individuals surveyed felt that ladder accidents in the workplace could have been avoided with proper training? Learn more about how [COMPANY NAME] is putting people first by participating in #LadderSafetyMonth. https://goo.gl/frey3p
- March madness is just around the corner, and no, we’re not talking about the basketball tournament. [COMPANY NAME] is gearing up to participate in the third #LadderSafetyMonth. Learn more at https://goo.gl/frey3p
- Nearly half of survey respondents indicated that their ladder-related accidents have decreased during the past five years. Let's keep the momentum going! Join us in supporting #LadderSafetyMonth. https://goo.gl/frey3p
- Did you know that 75.7% of individuals surveyed felt that ladder accidents in the workplace could have been avoided with proper training? Learn more about how [COMPANY NAME] is putting people first by participating in National Ladder Safety Month. https://goo.gl/frey3p
- [COMPANY NAME] is a proud to be partnering with National Ladder Safety Month. This March, individuals and companies across the country will come together to promote ladder safety and decrease the number of ladder related incidents that happen Join us in putting safety first. Learn more about how you can participate this March, and access free safety materials to use at home or in the office: https://goo.gl/frey3p
- 9 out of 10 organizations agree: Ladder safety training is important! Participate in National Ladder Safety Month this March to ensure your colleagues are informed and safe in the workplace. https://goo.gl/frey3p
- 95.4% of surveyed organizations use ladder safety training. [COMPANY NAME] is one of them! We're proud to support National Ladder Safety Month and encourage you to join us. Find out how you can participate https://goo.gl/frey3p
VI. INFOGRAPHICS & VIDEOS
Who says the way you inform your audience can't be entertaining? You can also build interest in our mission by sharing these enlightening images—or infographics—and videos on websites, social media and in emails.