Every step matters: From step stools to extension ladders, make sure you're putting the right foot forward.
Every year over 100 people die in ladder-related accidents, and thousands suffer disabling injuries. Join the American Ladder Institute (ALI) and participate in National Ladder Safety Month in March. This important month was designed to raise awareness of ladder safety and to decrease the number of ladder-related injuries and fatalities.
What is National Ladder Safety Month?
National Ladder Safety Month is the only movement dedicated exclusively to the promotion of ladder safety, at home and at work. Help us bring awareness to the importance of the safe use of ladders through resources, training and a national dialogue.
ALI, the only approved developer of safety standards for the U.S. ladder industry, is the presenting sponsor for National Ladder Safety Month.
ALI believes ladder accidents are preventable, but without better safety planning and training and continuous innovation in product design, we will continue to see far too many fatalities. Please join ALI and its members in sharing this message with the world year-round.
The “why”: Every life saved is precious
The goals of National Ladder Safety Month are to:
- Decrease number of ladder-related injuries and fatalities
- Increase the number of ladder safety training certificates issued by ALI
- Increase the frequency that ladder safety training modules are viewed on www.laddersafetytraining.org
- Lower the rankings of ladder-related safety citations on OSHA’s yearly “Top 10 Citations List”
- Increase the number of in-person ladder trainings
- Increase the number of companies and individuals that inspect and properly dispose of old, damaged or obsolete ladders
Get involved: Support National Ladder Safety Month
If you are interested in helping ALI spread the word on safe ladder use, explore sponsorship opportunities today!
View 2022 Sponsorship Opportunities